March 31, 2006 at 4:13 am #12331imFilesAdministrator
I guess people have been having difficulty finding an easy solution to making cam overlays, so I wrote a little frontend to swftools (http://www.swftools.org) which is free (GPL). I posted about swftools in the tricks section (https://www.imfiles.com/paltalk/paltalk-82-video-overlays-vt1250.html) but apparently *most* windows users aren’t comfortable/familiar with using programs from the command prompt, which is a shame. Nonetheless, I’ve written an “idiot-proof” as possible frontend to swftools. Check the README.txt for full instructions, but the basic concept of it is…
1. Download the development swftools-dev-win32.rar from swftools.org.
2. Unzip the attached conv2swf.zip into the same directory as swftools.
3. Double-click or add a shortcut to conv2swf.exe.
4. Drag&Drop whatever file/image you want converted on to the conv2swf
window and it will be converted to swf format in the same directory
from which the image/file originated.
This is a simple frontend. The whole program is less than 200 lines of code, programmed in C in mingw/msys environment and does *NO* conversion on it’s own. All it does is check the files by file extension, and call the appropriate swftools program in a separate process to convert the file.
Everyone has their favourite paint/illustration program, so use what you’re familiar with to create your own images to convert.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.